Thursday, December 31, 2009

< 158a > VAC 2009: Random Recaps, Reviews & Rants

EXPERIENCE IS SIMPLY THE NAME WE GIVE TO OUR MISTAKES

The process of journalising my trip here isn't a success,today. Will try again tomorrow. Sorry. It's like all those bits and pieces scatter all around my brain and can't be wired together. Hitherto, I choose to recap some fond [and scary] moments I've had during the 10days trip. Shall I call it a review?I don't know. But to add some spices,you will see my rantings in between. Chewaahhhh!!! Bullet points seem simple and easy for now. But the problem is they may go up until infinity. Just bear that in mind. Just in case. Just. In case. owh wait, did I just use 'hitherto' there? HAHAHA! Of all words!Very old school!Very PMR!
  •  Mangalore has 2 train stations distant about 10kms from each other. What's the point of telling this? Oh,we went to wrong station that night and had only 20minutes left to catch our train to Mumbai in Mangalore Junction terminal. Hello!this is India okay. 10kms ride isn't that easy for an auto-rickshaw. But we've made it on time. Thank you Allah. Thanks to the the auto-rider [or driver?I'm confused!] Thanks also to ABK,you know who you are for consoling us with those "sempat , sempat" word.HAHA!It helped. Sikit-sikitlah. Ayat jaga hati. He even gave the detail of our train owing to the fact that we were both damn freaking out that we just wanted to get into a train. We might get into the wrong one. When a bimbo travel with a bimbo, you never know how bimbotic a situation could be. We just wanted to get into a train! Anyway, it's my mistake. I thought that Mangalore Central and Mangalore Junction are one and the same. But as far as I know, trains from Mangalore Junction head towards south only. And last year, I left for Mumbai from that Mangalore Central. And I have asked the agent before whether it’s the nearby station or the one in Kankanady and he told me “that near one.only 10minutes no?”And..And..And.. Emirates okay,my defensive act strikes. Leave it then. Experience isn’t a good teacher .I knew it. I knew it. 

  • I’ve made myself clear to my closest friends that Dubai isn’t the place that I would spend my holiday in. The 6 hours transit was more than enough. I’ve got to see many places and most importantly the Burj Al-Arab. The only 7 stars hotel in the world that dares to cost you at least 1000USD per night. OMG right? I screamed that out loud too. And let out another OMG when I heard “always fully booked,friend”. UAE owns the world’s oil. Don’t be surprised when it prices 12 dirhams only for 7 litres of petrol. I think I heard it like that. Go and get the correct info from the internet if you are that interested. I don’t bother. Sorry. Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari and Alfa Romeo were common sights on road. Ouch,this reminds me of my siblings back home. We have this same habit of wooing jakun-ly at those brands of car when they passed us. "Wooo.tengok tu!tengok tu!". Apis is so great in recognising the models and brands. He can cite it just after a glance! I know maybe one or two. But X7 never missed my sight. I’ve seen them thrice in Malaysia. I miss my family. I haven’t seen them for 6 months already.[Webcam tak kira r weyh.Mana real!] Done with that. Talking about Dubai’s highways. One that really impressed me was the sensor system they used to replace toll plazas. Almost like the SmarTag we have in Malaysia. Only that the sensor is a tiny rod held 60metres above stretching across the road, the card is a road-tax like piece of paper and you still can speed at 100kmph while passing the sensor. Pretty cool huh? I should have taken a photo. But hey,it costs you 85 dirhams per day just for the toll. Another note, parking fee is 25dirhams per hour.  I admit that everything is superb, fantastic and gigantic here. And materialistic as well. Just not my place. On top of that, all those are manmade. Artificial never turn me on. So, “plastic people”, better watch out if you ever come near me. I may puke on you.

  •  Emirates is the best airlines I have experienced,so far. It's only the sixth airlines I've tried anyway. Really worth my money for! Excluding the fact that they don't allow me to take the small pillow as a souvenir,everything was heavenly pleasant. And what's up with the pillow? HAHA! We managed to stuff the orange one into our sling bags upon transit in Dubai. But the greedy bimbo us wanted the purple one also though there's no more space in our bags to squeeze it in. So I asked the stewardess would it be okay if I take it with me and she politely answered, "I would say yes, but seniors in front doors will stop you" HAISH! Senior thingy. Whatever! Okay then. A lesson learnt. Next time, bring a large handbag!Anyway, having your own screen with thousand of music and movies to choose [I only had this once with MAS] made me no longer care about the surroundings. Exaggeration,as usual. Of course I realized it when the crews came offering juices or to serve meal. Between food and Alice, I chose food!HAHA! I need to eat to live,people. And I'm living my life,my own way. For 21 years. According to Hijr calendar, I'm officially 21 already and this time I celebrated it up on the sky!Thrill no? Actually I didn't even realize it was 1st of Muharram until Ipah texted me while I was in Dubai. Oh wait, Alice?Ala..that Alice who fell into a hole and suddenly be in the other land. A wonderland! Alice in Wonderland!  I watched it! Excuse me,it's hard to find it anywhere nowadays! I enjoyed watching it,just like my very first time watching it. You know..that time..When we had this big big tape recorders I don't know what to call them. All I know, I took the cases and turned them into pencil boxes. Siap lekat gambar Ronaldo9 lagik kat depan! It's pretty cool to have one back then. And we still keep those tapes at home. Power Rangers the Movie,  Godzilla, The Lion King, Kisah Mimpi Ustaz Harun Din Bertemu Rasulullah and others,mostly WWF tapes. Ayah has been a wrestling fan ever since I knew how to watch TV I guess! Yeah,I reminisced all these while on the plane. Great time! Myriad thanks Emirates, you're number one in my heart! Eyh, MAS isn't that bad. You can take the blanket and pilllow and even roaming in the airport with them! I've seen many people doing that but still I don't have guts to do so. Seganlah bila sama-sama Malaysian. Ada kemungkinan terjumpa lagi kemudian hari. Malaysia taklah besar mana. Itupun aku tak abes cover lagik.DINGDONG! I hope that Addal or Addin won't let Pak Chaq read this. Eyh captain,how are you doing? Everything goes beyond expectations huh? Wait for Ida and E for the next Lot76 gathering! 


OK. That's all for now. The points are getting expanded! Tomorrow, I'll blog again. After going to morning market and prepared myself ayam masak merah for lunch. Ah,can't wait!!!But you people can wait right? Please? xoxo!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh?Alice in wonderland dah klua ke?? ~ak takleh tunggu...cepat2..blog post strusnya..=P

norfaridahanum said...

nih alice yg dulu2 pnya r kitty.adoi ai.gedik r x leyh tnggu.yg ko update 2minggu sekali xpe lak!cis

kotak said...

ade dua eh?
aku tak tahu pon..
selamat kembali...
aku macam malas gile nk blk maharaja. dok umah bes gile kot. wat keje umah,tdo bile2 klu rasa ngntuk. mkn je pape y ade kat dlm peti sejuk. kalau takde mknn,g bli goreg pisang,pau,atu kueh2 kat depan masjid. men game. gile idup macam takde pape nk pk. hahahahahaha.

norfaridahanum said...

alhamdulillah.thank you.
ko pun.byk alhamdulillah.setelah berkurun drama dan bergelen air mata aq tgk,akhirnya ada nampak sikit sinar.insyaAllah=)

woi,balik r weyh.aq xde kwn nak stori mori...huhu

norfaridahanum said...

cik kamera,gambar wa konfem kalah r.

saya suka blog said...

last pic tu sgt2 nice! org aviation panggil tu flap aircraft..haha,....

saya suka blog said...

..

norfaridahanum said...

mungkinkah awk org aviation?misteri sngguh blog kamu.haha!

norfaridahanum said...

owh.tq nway =)